To inspire and encourage the pursuit of personal, family and community success by 1). Promoting people, services, opportunities and upcoming events; 2). Providing a platform for community expression; and 3). Celebrating local accomplishments.
MEET LONDELL SMITH
Londell Smith was told by an elementary school teacher that by the time he turned 18 he would be dead, in jail, hooked on drugs or in an insane asylum. He failed 7th grade, and was often told that he was not college material. He barely graduated from high school, and was admitted into college “on condition” because of his low test scores. Smith spent his first college semester taking remedial classes, and was placed on academic probation twice throughout his college career. It took 5½ years for Smith to earn his 4-year undergraduate degree. In addition to overcoming enormous academic challenges, he also survived alcohol and drug abuse.
Today, Londell Smith is a man, husband, father, son, brother, educator, mentor and small business owner who knows and values people!
But he has not succeeded alone. Along the way, he received the help, support and prayers of countless people. To repay these generous people, he is dedicated to doing for others what they did for him.
He shares his wealth of knowledge and experience, passionately bringing it onto the airwaves of Lima’s 940WCIT, providing practical insight and powerful messages to inspire and encourage the pursuit of personal, family and community success by 1). Promoting people, services, opportunities and upcoming events; 2). Providing a platform for community expression; and 3). Celebrating local accomplishments.
He also shares this wisdom in academic, church, business and community settings, with the goal of “Developing Students, Employees and People”.
- M.A. (Organizational Management) Bluffton University
- B.A. (Technology) Kent State University
- Founder, Londell Smith & Associates, LLC
- Mentor and New Student Transition Coordinator, Heir Force Community School
- Afterschool & Summer Program Coordinator, Heir Force Academy
- Talk Show Host, “The Londell Smith Show” (940 WCIT)
- Instructor (First Year Experience), James A. Rhodes State College
- Workforce Development Consultant, Allen County Adult Probation Department
- Executive Director, Bradfield Community Center
- Youth Ministry Assistant, Cornerstone Harvest Church
- Recreation Supervisor, City of Lima (OH)
- Event Chair, The Big Day Of Serving – Lima
- Facilitator (Ohio AMER-I-CAN Program), Lima Senior High School
- Graduate, Leadership Ohio
- Graduate, Allen-Lima Leadership
- Graduate, Black Leadership Development Program (Dayton, OH)
- Graduate, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.’s Leadership Development Program (Gamma Tau Chapter)
- Event Emcee, Guest Speaker, Keynote, Break-Out Session Presenter and Workshop Facilitator